Custody | Family Law Attorneys In Hamilton Butler County Ohio.

"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children."
Charles R. Swindoll

Call Us Today
Why Choose Us
  • Experienced In All Courts That Determine Custody 
Our Custody Lawyers have represented mother and fathers seeking custody of their child(ren) in the Hamilton County, Butler County, Clermont County, & Warren County.  We offer our clients an experienced custody and visitation trial attorney. Just being an attorney who has merely "handled" custody cases doesn't mean much. 

 The bottom line is that any lawyer is legally permitted to represent a father seeking custody of or parenting time with his child. But just any lawyer is not going to be the best lawyer for a custody matter in Butler County, Hamilton County, Warren County, or Clermont County. Your child or children deserve(s) a custody attorney who has experience actually going to trial and advocating for his or her clients after mediation or negotiation doesn't resolve a custody dispute. At this office, contested custody or visitation cases are the norm. We will advocate and go to trial to protect your child's best interest, whether that be shared parenting or residential custody. And most importantly, we have ample experience and success in custody trials.

  • We Offer: Evening and Weekend Appointments. 
We understand that you must maintain your employment as well as care for your children. As such, there may be times when 9-5 just isn't possible to speak with an attorney. We are flexible in scheduling so that your responsibilities do not have to take a back seat while you search for the best custody attorney to meet your family law needs. Further, we encourage many potential custody clients to meet with as many custody attorneys as possible. What is the best custody attorney for one, may not be the best custody attorney for another.
  • We Offer Evening and Weekend Accessibility To Your Attorney After Hiring.  
In the event of an emergency requiring legal assistance, we are available in most circumstances to discuss emergency issues once you have hired this Family Law Office. This may be through either text messaging or phone call, dependent upon the urgency of your matter and our availability. In dire and pressing situations, we have taken calls on Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and all other important holidays. Our clients receive our attorney's personal cell number and are free to text 24/7 when needed.

  • We Are Experienced In Father's Custody | Visitation Rights.  
We not only offer representation for Mother's seeking to gain custody. This office has ample experience in representing unmarried and married fathers. In Ohio, as you may be experiencing, an unmarried father has little rights to his child absent court ordered rights. One of the exceptions to this is the right to pay child support, but this is not typically viewed as a "right" by a father who is not permitted to see his child(ren). If you are a father seeking custody, shared parenting, or visitaiton (parenting time) with your child(ren), call us today. We can help.

  • Experienced In Protecting Your Custody Rights From Modification.  
Once a custody determination is made by a court, or entered into by agreement and filed or adopted by the court, it is not easy to change. In order to change the custodial order (ie. changing custody from one party to another or terminating a shared parenting plan) there must have been a change of circumstance since the last custodial determination. A change of circumstance requires that there has been a change in the circumstances of the child(ren) or the residential parent that has a harmful effect on the child(ren). The key to this is that any change in the circumstances of the non residential parent or custodian is not important. Rather, something has to have occurred since the last custody determination that adversely impacts the child(ren). Often, motions filed by a non residential parent may be dismissed or denied fairly early in the case so long as your custody lawyer is knowledgeable as to what legally constitutes a change of circumstance for custody purposes. This saves our clients money, time, and often places clients in better positions to protect a prior custody order.

  • Affordable Payment Options Are Available.  
We understand that you may not have thousands of dollars at your immediate disposal. Further, a parent is often served with a complaint for custody or a motion for visitation and must immediately seek the guidance of an experienced custody attorney. This is not an easy predicament. We may be able to help. Depending on the facts of your specific custody matter, we will usually be able to work out a fee schedule that meets your payment ability. So long as you are employed or will be getting financial assistance for this matter, call us today. We will be happy to discuss your options.

What Types Of Custody Related Matters Does The Peck Law Office Have Experience?

We have represented clients for the following parenting related matters:

  • Complaint | Motion for legal custody
  • Complaint | Motion for parenting time
  • Complaint | Motion for grandparent companionship rights
  • Complaint | Motion to establish paternity/parentage
  • Complaint | Motion to establish child support
  • Modification of custody
  • Modification of visitation
  • Modification of shared parenting plan
  • Modification of child support
  • Termination of Shared Parenting
  • Termination | Restriction of parenting time
  • Emergency or Ex Parte Orders
  • Shelter Care Hearings
  • Complaint Alleging Abuse, Neglect, or Dependency 
  • Contempt of Parenting Time
  • Contempt Motions For All Parenting and Child Support Issues

Father's Custody Visitation Rights

What Does A Court Consider When Determining Custody?

There are generally two types of situations in which a court determines custody between the mother and father of a child or children.  Those are:

1. A court order determining custody was previously ordered and one party is now seeking to modify or terminate that prior custody order.
      • CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCE REQUIRED.  In this situation, the moving party must first show that a change of circumstance has occurred since the last custody order occurred.  If it is agreed, or the court determines that there has been a change of circumstance, the court then determines what is in the child(ren)'s best interest.  See below for custody best interest factors in Ohio.
2. Custody has never been determined, therefore, there are no court orders regarding custody and one or both parents have now filed a complaint or motion for custody, shared parenting, or parenting time (visitation).
      • The court must determine what is in the child's best interest.  
Ohio Best Interest Factors For Determining Custody

The court must consider the following factors in deciding what is in the child’s “best interest”:

1) the wishes of each parent;
2) the wishes and concerns of the child;
3) the child’s interaction with the parents, siblings, and other people who impact the child (neighbors, friends, teachers);
4) the child’s adjustment to the home, school and community;
5) the mental and physical health of all persons involved;
6) the parent most likely to honor and facilitate visitation;
7) whether a parent has failed to make ongoing child support payments;
8) whether the custodial parent has willfully denied visitation to the other parent;
9) whether either parent is planning to establish a residence out of state; and
10) whether either parent has abused children or been a perpetrator of domestic violence.

Disclaimer:  The information contained in this website is an advertisement only. 
 Information contained on this website is not intended to constitute legal advice.  Each situation is different and legal advice can only be offered to clients of our office.  Without considering all of your circumstances, legal advice cannot be rendered for your situation. This office does not represent that the information contained herein should be used for anyone in their own legal endeavors. 
Do not rely on this information for legal purposes.

Contact Us

Call Us
We Have Two Office Locations To Better Suit Our Client's Schedules:
Hamilton: Our Main Office is located at 616 Dayton Street in Hamilton, Ohio 45011.
West Chester Satellite Office : 8080 Beckett Center Drive Suite 112 West Chester, Ohio 45069

Share by: